SIMATIC WinCC: creating jobs
In versiondog, you have the option to execute jobs according to a schedule. This checks as to whether a program corresponds to the most recently checked in version on the device or whether the newest version has been implemented on the device. In addition to this, you can create jobs in versiondog that produce a backup of a device.
In to backup and compare the HMI Runtime during operation, (and before you can configure a job) you will need to install a versiondog upload and compare agent on the WinCC station. For more information, see Installing and updating agents. This will allow you to navigate directly on the WinCC directory structure.
After installing agents, restart the WinCC station.
How to configure jobs for SINAMTIC WinCC projects in versiondog:
- Start the AdminClient and open the jobs module.
- In order to activate the agents that you previously installed in the ribbon, click on Agent configuration.
- In the drop-down box Agent configuraton with add agent, you can configure the agent. This is located under agent settings.
- In the field Agent address, enter either the computer name or the IP adresse of your WinCC station
- Activate the port for the upload agent and the port for compare agent. The following ports are preselected as standard 64010 and 64011. During the installation of the versiondog system, the standard ports, required for the agents, are opened in the firewall. As long as the ports are not blocked by other applications, they can be used without the need for changes
- In the field Comments, you can enter an appropriate comment so that you are able to find again the agents that you require
- You will find all agents installed this way in the left drop-down box of the agent configuration with the IP address/ computer name as well as with any entered comment.
- Test the connection to the agents using Test connection.
- Click on Save and close.
- In the project tree, select your WinCC component.
- In the menu tab, click on create or drag & drop the components into the jobs section.
- Check in the section job configuration, if the upload type WinCC is being displayed.
- Make sure the desired settings are in place for the following sections: general, notification, upload and compare, create a version automatically after job run. The notification and create a version automatically after job run sections are only displayed if the necessary settings have been implemented. For more information on configuring the general sections, please refer to jobs in the tutorial AdminClient.
- Activate the agents in the job configuration located under Upload and compare. This can be accessed via Upload agent and Compare agent.
Configure the WinCC settings:
- Under WinCC Project, select the WinCC project from the drop-down menu. If there is only one project in the component, it will be automatically selected.
- Under Upload Agent, enter the Upload Agent configured under Upload and Compare.
- Configure the directory you want to be backed up on the WinCC station under Path.
- Save the job mit Save and test it by clicking on Execute selected jobs once.
- Activate the checkbox under Enable custom configuration for this job if you want use special comparison settings.
- Click on Edit and the window Settings for backup files will open.
How to set up agents for a WinCC job
Configuring WinCC jobs
Special settings for the current WinCC job
- Click on Configure comparator and the field Comparison configuration will open.
- In Comparison configuration, you can select one of the three following options:
- Ignore computer name in comparison: In certain circumstances, it can occur that the computer name is changed by WinCC (e.g. one of the two comparison partners was allocated during visualization).
- Ignore application type in comparison: In certain circumstances, it can occur that the application type is changed by WinCC (e.g. one of the two comparison partners was allocated during visualization).
- Ignore user in comparison (if the user a Web Navigator is. Here, there are three options:
- Both comparison partners have the web navigator feature activated.
- In the case of different users, at least one of the users has the feature WEB - navigator activated.
- In the case of adding users / deleting users, the previous user has activated the feature WEB - Navigator.
The following error messages can be seen in the Event log of Jobmodule in AdminClient for the executed job:
Adjust the settings of Microsoft SQL server in the PC where the agent is installed as described below:
This step may differ depending on the operating system and the SQL server instance.
Changes properties of protocol TCP/IP
Restart SQL Server