Copying, moving, and changing the name of a component or directory
Changing the name of a component or a directory
- Check.Out the component or directory that you wish to rename. If you wish to rename a directory, you will need to Check-Out all components in that directory.
- Right-click on the component/directory and select Rename.
- Give the component/directory a new name.
- The component/directory will be displayed twice. Once with the new name and once with the old (this will be greyed out).
- Select the renamed component/directory and click on Check-In.
- The greyed out component/directory will no longer be displayed.
Moving a component or directory in the project tree
- Check-Out the component / directory (with all components and subdirectories entailed).
- Right-click on the component/directory and select Cut.
- Go to the directory, in which you wish to move the component/directory.
- Right-Click on the directory and select Paste.
- The component/directory will be displayed twice. Once in the new directory and once in the original location (which will appear greyed out).
- Select the component/directory that you just moved and click on Check-In.
- The greyed out compoent/directory will no longer be displayed.
Alternatively, you can move components/directory by using drag & drop + Shift key. The component/directory must then be checked in.
Copying the component or directory into the project tree
- Check-Out the component/directory. You can do this by selecting it and clicking on Check-Out.
- Right-click on the component/directory and select Copy.
- Go to the directory that you wish to copy the componet/directory to.
- Right-click on the directory and select Paste.
- Select the compoent/directory that you just pasted and click on Check-In. The component/directory has been successfully copied.
Only selected components (or directories containing components) will be copied. The contents of individual components will need to be manually copied (according to need). Use Windows Explorer to do this.
Alternatively, you can copy components/directories using drag & drop. The component/directory will need to be checked in.