First time use – important information on server configuration
For server configuration, you may require some information from your system administrator. We recommend that you read this section carefully before starting the configuration to ensure that you can clarify all questions in advance.
- When you open the UserClient for the first time, the dialog section versiondog client login will be displayed.
- In the dialogue Server: you will see either the name or IP address of the versiondog server. Click on the selection field on the right and select Server settings if you want to change the Server configuration.
- Click on Add.
- In the section Configuration name, enter a name for this server configuration.
Your system administrator can tell you if you need to use a certain name. If this is not the case, you can select a configuration name of your choice.
- Enter the name of the versiondog server in the section Server address:
- Activate the checkbox if you want to use the option Single Sign-On. For more information, see AdminClient.
- If necessary, change the port number if the default port numbers in your network are already taken.
Your system administrator can tell you if this step is necessary.
- Click on Test connection, to test the connection to the server.
- Click on Save.
- Click on Close.
- Now the versiondog splash screen will now be displayed with the newly configured server selected.
- Enter a valid username, password and, if necessary, a domain.
These settings need to be configured by the user during the installation of the server.
- Click on Login.
- If you are working with a versiondog parallel server system, a dialog box will appear asking you for the name of the parallel server system.
Enter a name in Name of server group and then click OK.
Our system administrator can tell you if you need to use a certain name. If this is not the case, you can select a parallel server name of your choice.
- The server configuration is now complete and the UserClient will open.
The port for the database server cannot be entered manually. It is preset by versiondog and is only displayed when you test the connection or when you connect to the server for the first time. If necessary, you can change it on the server.
All ports of the versiondog server need to have a green checkmark. If a red checkmark is displayed, you have to change the port.
The port for the database server is detected by the versiondog server and displayed.
You can display the password when entering it. For more information, see Make password visible.
|FAQ: When I try logging onto a versiondog client, the process fails with the following error message: "Error calling a remote function [Function: CSC_OSAPI_SmartUpdate] [ID 30320]", but when I tested the connection all ports are displayed with a green tick. What could be the reason for this?
The above error message indicates network problems or a faulty firewall configuration. Please contact your network administrator for more information or help.