Jobs with the FTP upload type provide access to an FTP server. Configure the job in job configuration.
For information on configuring the sections general and Upload and Compare, see: Configuring general job settings.
Section FTP Settings
- Behind the FTP server, enter the IP address of the server that you want to use to create a connection.
- Go to Connection type and select from the drop down list.
- Select the port that you want to use for the communication. Port 21 is automatically preselected.
- Activate the checkbox Use FTP passive mode when needed.
- If required, enter the log-in details (username and/or password) of the user. Depending on the configuration of your FTP server, this step is optional. An upload can also be performed without a username or password.
- If these details are already saved in the FTP server's subdirectory, enter the subdirectory's path .
- Check if the login details work by clicking on Check. If no success, the job will fail as well.
If necessary, you may have to enable the port set in step 3 in your firewall.
With these login details, you should be able to access the subdirectory. versiondog supports up to 10 sub-directories per job.
Only when you enter the subdirectory, not only will the entire path on the FTP server in the backup be displayed, but also the most recent directory in the path:
Path on the FTP server: /file1/subdirectory1/*
Composition of backup: Archive.zip/*
If you enter multiple subdirectories, the entire directory structure will be taken over into the backup.
Path on the FTP server: /file1/subdirectory1/subdirectory2 and /file1/subdirectory1/1234
Composition of backup: Archive.zip/file1/subdirectory1/subdirectory2 and archive.zip/file1/subdirectory1/1234
Activate the use timestamp check to reduce network traffic checkbox. The time stamp instead of the content of the files will be checked. This will ensure that only new and edited files are upload for the backup; files without changes will be taken over from the previous backup. This will further limit network traffic.
Section file specifications and compare settings
Normally, comparisons are executed using compare settings of the component. Job specific modifications can be made in this section.
The table shows set compare and save behaviour.
Activate the Enable custom configuration for this job checkbox and click on Edit. Set new parameters for the comparison and save process in the new open window.
FAQ: When I created a backup using a backup job via the upload class FTP, an error arises. What do I need to change to fix this error?
There are two solutions to solve the problem mentioned above: