You will require a valid license to operate the versiondog system. This might be a regular purchased license or a 30-day trial licence for a pilot installation. In either case, you will receive your versiondog licence in the form of a file named licence.bin or license.json. During the initial installation, you will be asked where to load the file from.
When you have reached the maximum amount of clients that you ordered, you will need to obtain a new licence.
When you click on the Licensing tab, the window Licencing will then open. This consists of three tabs:
This tab is selected by default when the licensing window is opened. This tab shows all important data related to your versiondog license.
The activation tab also shows your versiondog System ID. This is generated on your server and is unique to your versiondog installation. Furthermore, the serial number of versiondog and the computer name of the server are displayed here.
Under normal circumstances, you will need to activate versiondog within 30 days.
To activate the configuration, proceed as follows:
- Copy the system ID to the clipboard via the copy to clipboard button to paste it into an e-mail or send it directly to AUVESY via the send by email button.
- In return, you will receive the activation code for your license.
- Please copy the activation code into the field Activation code.
- Then click on Activate.
- Your versiondog licence has now been activated.
If you have any questions regarding licensing and activation, please contact our administration.
Update If you wish to renew or expand your versiondog licence, you will receive a new licence file from us. Either licence.bin or licence.json.
- Enter the path to the licence or select where you want to save the file by using the menu.
- Click on Update
- Your versiondog licence has now been updated.